lunes, 5 de diciembre de 2011

Time to get dirty...

After almost 2 weeks kayaking in Chile we are starting to feel good about running stouts and charge hard. Today was the day to go run one of the craziest and scariest rapids I've ever seen. My old brother ran that drop 4 years ago now, with all the top rapids included... I doubt I would have run it without know that 4 other persons have run it since that time, most of them having crazy lines and good carnage... 
my bro doing the 1st' d of this falls!
On the left you recconect on rocks, the middle is good to go and If you go too far right you fall in to a crack...
anyway the drop itself is not the worst thing, the real deal of this waterfall is on the entrance where you have to make a crazy move against a hole, don't get your boat sucked up in the curly and keep your boat sraight on line... 
boats falling off after a bit too much of rally on the dirt road to the llancahue...
We geared up slowly and walked to the put-in falls, the more I looked at It the less I was feeling it.Too much options to get fucked and not much of stomping it without get any good hit... Luckily Evan was more fired up than me and decided to go first, he cleaned the entrance easily but missed a left stroke and ended up on the super far left side of drop where you reconnect with rocks, from the top I just got to hear the hit... He resurfaced fast and gave me the signal that it was good to go!
Evan going for it!
I stopped thinking about it and ran into my kayak. Did a few strokes and started paddling into it. I went too far In the left on the entrance and got flipped out. That was the craziest moment upside down just a few meters away of the less clean and stoutest rapid out there... I rolled up fast and kept charging hard in to the right. Even so hard that I ended up in the crack...
fuckin it up and going way too far to the right.
It went more smooth than what I expected and got to the bottom without flip, the impact was hard and I got pushed against the wall but safely made it down! 
falling down
stoked till I felt that my gopro was gone... sad for that cause I will not be able to get one for quite a while but happy that we all didn't get injuries! A few meters after the Dirty Gerd you got this beautiful 10 meters drop, clean as it gets! We both had sweet lines, after the drop you have to be fast and get out on the right of the river, some rope work needed...
evan layin treats

















myself enjoying the most PERFECT waterfall ever




Thanks to all involved! For the safety, photos and everything! you guys are awesomme!
all the photos by Mathias fossum

No hay comentarios: